Sunday, January 30, 2011

How to reset Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP SP2

Few days back my desktop get stucked with a new bie challenge yeah...it was a new bie for me as i had never faced it before.

I lost the access to firewall setting. Hey don't tell me you don't know how to get in to the firewall setting.

yes get in to you Control Panel and there it is into the right corner.

I could not understand initially, I tried almost everything i could do to solve it. As far as my system was working properly i had no big worries but it was out of my LAN so it troubled me a bit.

I was wondering and i searched plenty of sites on Google to solve it and it took almost Twenty four hours to reach to the perfect site with a perfect solution.

why i am sharing this with you ?
Just imagine your system in same trouble ? I hope you have got the answer of the question above..LOL
How to reset Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP SP2

solution is too simple just follow the steps :
First Download FOLLOWING link by using Internet Explorer. Do Not use Firefox or any other browsers.


SAVE the above link, it is an registry file then double click the file.
Restart Windows. After windows restarts, Click Start - Run and type cmd.exe.

As you reach to the command prompt you can copy and paste or write the following line with SPACE :

NETSH FIREWALL RESET

Launch the firewall from Control Panel to reset.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.